Board of Open Schooling and Skill Education (BOSSE), Sikkim
About the Board
The Board of Open Schooling and Skill Education (BOSSE), Sikkim, is an open schooling board thataims to cater to the varied academic needs of the ever-so divergent population of India. And that too up to the pre-degree level, including Secondary/Senior Secondary, skill, and vocational education, to name a few.
It has been registered under act no.14 by the Sikkim Legislative Assembly, passed on 21 September 2020 per the Sikkim Act, 2020 to publicize and impart open schooling education at the state & national level.
The Board of Open Schooling and Skill Education has its sights on upliftment, strengthening open schooling education, and creating pathways to higher studies across the nation through varied learning modes. With a flexible education system in working & a combination of academic and vocational programs, BOSSE is unmistakable with its vision to universalize education and establish great equality and justice in Indian society.
The Boardprovides opportunities to enthusiastic learners to choose their favorite courses/programs through both open and distance learning modes.
- The place is best to attain excellence in open & distance learning curricula and courseware for learners.
- BOSSE, Sikkim has earned its name by developing highly effective learner support systems and efficiently enabling learning to a pre-degree level.
Recognition & Approvals
- BOSSE has been firmly established under Act No. 14 of 2020 by the Sikkim Government.
- The Association of Indian Universities has granted equivalency status to BOSSE and recognized its certificates for further studies.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling has included BOSSE in its list.
- Pharmacy Council of India has started considering BOSSE for admission to various pharmacy courses.
- It has been granted an equivalent status to IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)
- Proudly stands by holding an equivalent status to MP Bhoj Open University.
- The institute received a Letter of Appreciation from Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, the Honorable Indian Vice-President.
- Shri Om Birla (Speaker of the Lok Sabha, India) gave a felicitation message to BOSSE for playing a huge role in imparting outstanding skill-based education to the students.
- Shri Kalraj Mishra (Governor of Rajasthan) very kindly appreciated the efforts of BOSSE, Sikkim, in erasing illiteracy among the Indian audience.
- BiswabhushanHarichandan (Governor of Andhra Pradesh) extended his heartycompliments to BOSSE for its well-developed academic curriculum.
- Lieutenant General Gurmit Singh (Governor of Uttarakhand) praises the steps taken by BOSSE, Sikkim, in the direction of an improved future for our kids
- Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal'Nishank', Minister of Education, Government of India, doesn't shy away from labeling BOSSE as the next big thing in the educational sector.
- Shri G.P. Upadhyaya, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Education Department-Government of Sikkim, has congratulatory messages.
The admission process here at BOSSE is exceptionally convenient, hassle-free, secure, and seamless.
We ask all interested candidates to fill out the registration form and pay the requisite Fee, with the required documents to grab admission in BOSSE. This procedure can either be done online or at your nearest Admission Centre.
- Anyone who has completed 14 years of age can apply for admission to the Secondary Programme, even if they have not undergone any formal education earlier. They will have to submit valid proofs of age, though.
- A person who has passed class X can go forward to apply for admission to the Senior Secondary Programme(Class 12).
Admissions: Related Dates Refer to the following:
Block - 1 31 August
Block - 2 28/29 February
Awards & Achievements
- It has been conferred as the MOST PROMISING OPEN SCHOOL BOARD in India by the prestigious ArdorComm Media Group in Gurugram at an event that lasted for about two days, spanning 30 September and 1 October 2021. This was the excellent course curriculum and splendid learning resources in place—all of this with well-qualified and seasoned academicians as its faculty members.
- BOSSE Organised the National Conference on NEP 2020: Towards India-Centred, Holistic and Inclusive Quality School Education. We are committed to redefining the landscape of open schooling education in the Indian subcontinent. It aims to strengthen the fundamental infrastructure and visions of the upliftment of the standards of the system. This conference was organized on its first foundation day with Dr. Subhas Sarkar, Honorable Union Minister of State for Education & Prof Saroj Sharma, Chairman, NIOS, Government of India, and other renowned personalities in attendance.
Programs offered Currently, BOSSE - SIKKIM offers Secondary and Senior Secondary level programs in English, Hindi, and Nepali languages. Others can be added as per the demands. Specialties & Benefits
- NIOS stands proud as the most extensive open schooling system. This autonomous body was established by the HRD Ministry and is famous across the country for secondary, senior secondary, and vocational courses.
- It is particularly beneficial for the students who failed to pass in their class 10 and 12 examinations with the On-Demand Examination facility, introduced in 2003. This concept is very acclaimed and facilitates students to appear for the examination when they are prepared.
- Apart from the class 10 and 12 students, individuals who meet the set eligibility criteria can apply for the courses to complete their education in private mode.
Besides these reasons, there are just way too many points: - Flexibility The main thing is that anyone can choose the subjects from the setlist. The On-Demand Examination facility proves to be an added advantage. Freedom To Learn
The motto of NIOS is, "Reach out and reach all." Hence, there is absolutely no restriction on when to take the exam.
The public examinations are conducted twice every year. However, the NIOS people can appear for nine examinations in five years. They can even avail the facility of credit accumulation.
NIOS alumni are placed in prestigious institutions such as IITs, Delhi University, MIT, etc.
Transfer of Credits
One can transfer up to 2 subjects passed from national/international/state boards/state open schools with whom NIOS has tied up, and that's crazy.
The Indian Government has vested NIOS with authority to conduct the examination transparently and provide certificates equivalent to the credentials provided by the state board and others. So, rest assured, there are no compromises at all.
Part Time MBA Programs in India - Unlimited guidelines 2023September 09, 2022
Can I Pursue a Part Time B.Tech after Getting My Diploma?September 09, 2022
7 Best Universities Offering Part-time M.TechSeptember 05, 2022
Best Part-time B Tech University/ Colleges In India?June 28, 2022