What exactly is CAT? (CAT)
The Common Admission Test is abbreviated as CAT. It is a national-level MBA/PGDM entrance exam for admission to 20 IIMs and 1000+ other B-schools that accept the CAT result. Every year, around 2,00,000 people apply for the CAT exam in order to be considered for one of the 5000+ MBA/PGDM seats available. According to past year's patterns, the CAT cut off for top IIMs is above 95 percentile, while it fluctuates between 80 and 95 percentile for other top universities. The CAT 2022 exam will be held in three slots on the last Sunday of November 2022, i.e. November 27. Every year, one of the 20 IIMs holds the CAT exam. CAT 2022 registration will commence when the official announcement is released, which is expected to be in July/August 2022.
CAT 2023 Exam Tentative Dates-
|Official Notification||4th week of July 2023|
|Application form release date||1st week of August 2023|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of September 2023|
|Last date to submit the fees||2nd week of September 2023|
|Form Correction Window shall open||3rd week of September 2023|
|Admit Card Release date||4th week of October 2023|
|Exam date||4th week of November 2023|
|Result announcement date||1st week of December 2023|
Eligibility Requirements for CAT 2023
In order to fill out CAT Registration forms, applicants specified eligibility requirements specified by the exam conducting authorities.
- Graduation: A bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a recognised university is required in any discipline.
- Minimum Grades: Candidates must have a graduating grade point average of at least 50%. The required aggregate marks for restricted category candidates are 45 percent. CAT 2022 should be read. Reservation
- Age: There is no upper age limit for taking the CAT 2023 exam.
- Students in their final year: Final-year students can also apply for the exam, but they will only be admitted if they achieve a minimum grade point average of 50% (40 percent for SC/ ST/ PwD) after graduation. Additionally, students who have finished their final exam and are awaiting results The same can be said for the outcomes.
- Candidates with professional degrees such as CA, CS, and ICWA are also eligible to apply for the CAT.
- Number of Attempts: There is no restriction to how many times you can take the CAT exam.
Registration for CAT 2023
- Every year, over 2 lakh people apply for the CAT exam. The Common Admissions Test (CAT) is the initial step toward admission to MBA programmes at IIMs, IITs, and other premier universities.
- The registration process for CAT 2023 will be entirely online, with application forms available on the official website, iimcat.ac.in.
- From the first week of August until the second week of September 2023, the CAT 2023 application window will be open for 5-6 weeks.
Registration for CAT 2023
Candidate Registration for New Candidates: Create a User ID and Password for CAT. Candidates must create their login credentials—CAT ID and Password—on the official website—iimcat.ac.in—by following the instructions below:
- To acquire an OTP, provide your basic information, such as your email address, name, phone number, country, and date of birth, and then click 'Submit.'
- Click 'I Agree and Submit' after entering the OTP and Captcha code.
- Your CAT User ID and password will be generated and delivered to the email address you provided during registration. Make a note of it for future correspondence.
- Under the 'New Candidate Registration' area of the official website, click the 'Register' tab.
Part Time MBA Programs in India - Unlimited guidelines 2023September 09, 2022
Can I Pursue a Part Time B.Tech after Getting My Diploma?September 09, 2022
7 Best Universities Offering Part-time M.TechSeptember 05, 2022
Best Part-time B Tech University/ Colleges In India?June 28, 2022