NEET EXAMINATION - National Eligibility and Entrance Test
The National Eligibility and Entrance Test, or NEET, is the only exam that is used to fill the approximately 54K medical seats available across the country. It has become the one-stop shop for the allotment of All India Quota Seats as well as State Level Quota Seats, as per the ruling issued by the Supreme Court of India in the year 2016. The exam also works as a tool to admit students in private colleges across the country.
The various flavours of NEET
The exam has two types: NEET UG is the medical entrance examination for undergraduate-courses such as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS),AYUSH (BHMS, BUMS, BSMS, and BAMS) [mainly relating to Ayurveda] and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS). Clearing this exam gives you direct entry into India’s elite medical schools/colleges. On the other hand, NEET PG is the entry-level examination for postgraduate courses, namely Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery (MS), Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) and diploma programmes in Indian public and private medical institutes.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) overseesand administers this exam for the undergraduates whereas NEET-PG is administered by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), an independent body within the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of India. After much deliberation and interference from the courts, the authorities decided to conduct this one, highly coveted examination and shared the news, which came as a relief for a lot of shareholders. This examination started playing the role of a superseded version of all the major/minor medical examinations that were being conducted until then. Both NEET UG and PG have completely different scopes. Hence, it becomes even more important to know the underlying differences between the two.
NEET - UG
|Notification for NEET - UG 2022||TBA|
|Release of NEET - UG 2022 Application form||TBA|
|Last date to fill the application form||TBA|
|Release of Admit cards||TBA|
|NEET - UG 2022 exam (Expected)||Any Sunday of June 26, 2022or July 3, 2022|
NEET - PG
EVENTSDATESRegistration15 January - 25 March, 2022Admit card available16 - 21 May, 2022Exam21 May, 2022Results availableMost probably in June, 2022
- The authorities have kept a minimum age-bar for NEET – UG aspirants to be of 17 years of age
- Furthermore, it mandates the students to hold a total score of minimum 50% marks in their subjects, namely Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- No upper or lower age bars for sitting in PG exams.
- Candidates must be a holder of valid MBBS degree or a provisional pass certificate featuring the same course.
- You are required to be registered with Indian Medical Council or the State Medical Council as it’s demanded to present the documents, while in the counselling sessions.
- biology class 12:360
- physics class 11:180 marks
- physics class- 12-180 marks
- biology class 11:360 marks
- chemistry class 12-180 marks
Part Time MBA Programs in India - Unlimited guidelines 2023September 09, 2022
Can I Pursue a Part Time B.Tech after Getting My Diploma?September 09, 2022
7 Best Universities Offering Part-time M.TechSeptember 05, 2022
Best Part-time B Tech University/ Colleges In India?June 28, 2022